The Associate Account Manager is a professional who is able to maintain a responsive and positive relationship with client teams and work across our internal teams to ensure the projects they manage are running smoothly, with client communications that are consistent and clear.
They assist in managing the day-to-day operations of multiple projects. This involves the coordination of the teams responsible for deliverables, the client and key vendors, through communications internally and externally. Associate Account Managers are focused on ensuring client deliverables get completed on time and to the highest possible quality level while maintaining professional and proactive service to our clients.
This position will work with entire teams involved in specific projects but will require working closely with Partners to ensure the account is running smoothly, resources are allocated properly and the client’s needs are being met or exceeded. The Associate Account Manager is focused on strong organizational and communication skills, an understanding of the creative process and strategic thinking.
The associate account manager also contributes to the creation of deliverables. Working with the consulting team, they assist in assembling client presentations, reviewing, analyzing and summarizing client information to compile assessments or to aid in the understanding of the client by internal teams.
- Serve as a valued client contact regarding scheduling, timelines, trafficking and deliverables.
- Information procurement and trafficking between offices/teams
- Manage all hard and soft copies and local File Servers
- Must be fully aware of and tracking all contracted requirements and deadlines
- Responsible for meeting reports and minutes for all client and key vendor meetings
- Develop relationships with day-to-day client contacts
Deliverables & Milestones
- Work closely with executive in charge to understand scope of contract
- Clearly communicate details of project to internal project team, understand resources needed and monitor timelines
- Manage scope of work and create project timelines
- Manage day-to-day execution of client expectations
- Facilitate communication among all team members (minutes, timelines, memos)
- Conduct regular status meetings with project team and maintain a project schedule
- Be accountable for keeping any internal financials up to date including those agreements between offices
- Manage the collection and documentation of all milestones
- Create and maintain presentation shells for deliverables and work with internal teams to complete them
- Assist in briefing internal teams on deliverables and client information
- Work closely with the executive in charge to review and quality control all deliverables that are sent to clients
- Maintain all hard and soft copy deliverables and client documents on local File Servers.
- Manage and maintain Base Camp
Contracts & Administration
- Follow-up with past-due invoices to clients, with support from finance team
- Manage all third-party invoices related to assigned accounts
- Maintain all client contact records
- Assist in the creation of case studies
- Assist in setting up files for archiving
Analysis & Assessments
- Contribute to the analysis of client information such as shared strategic documents, competitive audits, brand standards, reports and others
- Create summaries and documentation of such client information
- Share and present summaries and assessments to internal teams to build knowledge of clients
Skills and Competencies
- Minimum one year agency experience
- Knowledge of project management practices
- Must be a team player and able to work with people across all levels of MBLM
- Ability to manage workflows for detailed projects
- A deep and strong understanding of MBLM’s focus, processes, offerings and capabilities
- Able to connect with clients and inspire confidence
- Strong presentation skills as well as verbal/written communication skills
- Able to effectively multi-task and deal with time pressures
- Attention to detail, proactive, enthusiastic and diplomatic
- Excellent Microsoft office and iWork skills in Keynote, Powerpoint, Excel/Numbers, Word/Pages