MBLM is the Brand Intimacy Agency. We have invented a new marketing paradigm for tomorrow’s marketing challenges. We deliver expertise and offerings across three areas of focus: Agency, Lab, and Platform. We are headquartered in New York City with offices in seven countries. Our multidisciplinary teams help clients build stronger bonds and deliver optimized marketing outcomes and returns for the long term. To learn more about how we help clients create and sustain ultimate brand relationships, visit mblm.com.
The Business Development Director leads both internal and external teams that prospect and close new accounts for the agency. We are looking for a positive and energetic representative of the agency.
Does this describe you?
- You have 5-7 years of experience in business development, sales, and closing new business or new within a creative agency. You also have a passion for the role of branding, design, digital experience, and advertising. You’re an excellent communicator and excel at building strong partnerships with clients.
- You have a passion and charisma for telling the MBLM story. You believe in the work we do and showcase a firm understanding of Brand Intimacy and how it is our core differentiator that can help clients succeed. You confidently communicate our company vision and philosophy to the larger community of prospects and influencers, and you can build deep relationships with key decision-makers.
- You discerningly evaluate potential business opportunities and are constantly identifying new streams of growth for MBLM. You’ll help manage inbound referrals to identify the best opportunities, and strategize outbound efforts to promote MBLM in the right channels. You’ll also develop and refine our evaluation process, working with MBLM partners to assess opportunities and fit.
- You are trustworthy, collaborative, and organized, able to manage teams and numerous initiatives and new business activities, budgets, and resources.
- You can independently develop proposals and usher them through discussions, negotiation, and closing.
- You collaborate closely across disciplines to develop an understanding of the types of projects that excite the team and what aligns best with our capabilities.
- You can identify trends or new tools, techniques to continue to optimize the team’s performance.
- You are open to feedback and willing to continue to grow and improve your skills and career.
- Experience in a Business Development, Marketing or Advertising role at a creative or media agencyWorking abilities with a CRM solution (eg. HubSpot, Salesforce or Marketo), is a plus but is not essential; we will train the successful candidate
- Strong ability to speak and present in a public forum
- Strong abilities to mentor or collaborate with teams, vendors, and peers
- Ability to juggle multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment while managing tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent computer skills with Office/iWorks and other communication tools
- Impeccable communicator; able to be clear and concise through phone calls and email communication with people of different levels in an organization (including leadership)
- A keen eye for detail and polish in presentations and proposal submissions
- Hard-working, multi-tasker who has a passion for growing the business and the drive to hunt for the next new business opportunity
- 5-7 years of proven business development, sales and cold calling experience with a marketing agency