We are looking for a Video Editor that inspires, who shows initiative, can work independently, and demonstrates ownership of project responsibilities, and can inspire. The ideal candidate exhibits an eagerness to learn, grow professionally, and maintains a strong commitment to creative excellence. The position requires a strong storyteller and communicator with a passion for expressing bringing brands to life in video and proven skills in video and sound editing, and design. Motion graphics skills and a passion for design are a plus.
MBLM (Pronounced Emblem) is headquartered in NYC with offices in 5 countries. MBLM works with corporate businesses in creating brands of every type and scale. Our studio is a diverse team that collaborates on brand identity, UI/UX, motion, video, and 3D design. Video Editors and designers work collaboratively to nurture brands from concept and strategy through to implementation, execution, ongoing management, and support.
Are you …
- passionate about working in an agency and excited to design diverse and varied brands
- able to work accurately and with speed and quality
- has a strong love for the editing process
- open to input/feedback, hardworking, with a positive attitude
- savvy with your devices and software
- experienced in creating solid brand videos from concept through to execution
- a team player and willing to collaborate and learn. If you love to roll up your sleeves, take on exciting new challenges every day, and drive results through your work, we want to hear from you!
Primary Job Responsibilities – What your day will look like
- Edit and create long-form video content using original footage, stock footage, 3d renders, static assets, and in-house graphics
- Edit engaging short-form content for Social and other platforms
- Conceptualize and pitch videos to the team
- Assist on occasional video shoots
- Manage, properly label, and organize media, equipment, and resources
- Create effective storyboarding/storytelling using Adobe Creative Cloud, including but not limited to Premiere and After Effects
- Edit raw-footage videos to ensure the story is clear and strictly follows any given rundowns or storyboards
- Properly color grade any raw footage
- Digital retouching videos for quality and consistency
- Formatting and matching settings and specs
- Provide sound design editing as needed
- Collaborate with Creative team to ensure creative assets adhere to brand/style guidelines
- Coordinate and assist in directing photographers, suppliers, and partners/vendors
- Regularly communicating project progress to project managers and leaders, flagging issues that might affect the schedule and budget
- A portfolio demonstrating experience in editing – Premier, Adobe After Effects, and Photoshop
- Experience retouching, editing, and optimizing videos for a variety of social media platforms and ad formats
- Ability to edit, color grade, and manipulate raw footage
- Sound design experience
- Attention to detail and composition
- Comfortable collaborating across teams in an open office environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, B.A. in Film Production or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years editing experience in a production environment required
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate work eligibility in the U.S.
- A video reel is required in order to be considered
- Must be competent in Adobe Editing Suite – most important are Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid knowledge and skills in Macintosh software including Adobe Creative Suite, iWork
- Ability to multitask and to meet deadlines with consistency while demonstrating strong attention to detail
- Motion graphics and a knowledge of After Effects and design are a plus
- Video editing reel required to apply
We are a vibrant and diverse agency in Chelsea in NYC, led by branding and digital marketing experts who are committed to excellence in the work we produce and team and culture we nurture. What makes us unique is our focus on building the brand through emotional science and focused on the idea of brand intimacy—the emotional bonds between the brand and its stakeholders.
MBLM is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our people are our most valuable asset. The collective sum of individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, creativity, innovation, self-expression, and talent fuels our company culture, achievements and reputation. MBLM is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and holds a tight compliance with the EEO commission.
Our code for MBLM values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Medical, Vision & Dental Coverage
Paid Holiday, Vacation & Sick Days
401K Plan (Launching 2022)
Maternity & Paternity Leave
Health Flexible Spending
Pay Increases & Bonuses
Life & Pet Insurance
Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
Company Off-site Trips
Employee Achievement Awards & Birthday Gifts
Honor Personal Milestones
Complimentary Office Lunches
Important to note:
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.