At MBLM, motion graphics designers understand the importance of brands and the means by which they communicate. They work within the studio discipline and closely with other members of the team, from strategy to digital, to craft stronger emotional bonds between brands and their stakeholders. They solve design and production challenges to create videos that are conceptually strong, beautifully designed, and expertly executed.
The motion graphics designer delivers hands-on efforts, servicing each of the projects that they are involved in while advancing the capabilities of the MBLM creative studio. The position is primarily focused on video-based storytelling for client and internal deliverables through motion graphics created with technical proficiency. Video editing is also a part of the role, and is required to sequence and edit longer motion pieces combined with music, voice-overs, and other effects.
This position is focused on developing the necessary skill set to become a successful senior level motion designer with increasingly more team and client responsibilities.
This role is in-person at MBLM’s New York office.
Organizational status: reports directly to the design director
- Design and animate motion graphics, including fully animated videos, typographic and vector graphic animations, 2D and 2.5D animations, multi-layered compositions, title sequences, bumpers, and more. These will be used for corporate videos, product videos, brand videos, internal case studies, social media clips, and other deliverables and will require incorporating diverse assets such as original footage, stock footage, 3D renders, static assets, and in-house graphics.
- Create storyboard scenes and animations through rough sketches or illustrations, based on scripts and video concepts.
- Assist in the creation of video scripts and video concepts based on client requirements, briefs, and creative interpretations of brand guidelines.
- Edit longer format scenes and compositions in nonlinear video editing software to combine individual motion graphics sequences with stock video assets, live footage, pre-made graphics, 3D renders and scenes.
- Cut and edit music and voice-over tracks to flow into videos: pay attention to pacing, timing, delivery, and clarity of audio, including beat-matching and recutting of audio to fit into new time durations and make basic audio corrections such as equalization, compression, and noise removal.
- Assist with the coordination of voice-over recordings and stock music selection.
- Create professional-level transitions, logo animations, and effects explorations.
- Create video files of various formats and compression ratios with knowledge of render and export settings, planning ahead to meet review and delivery deadlines.
- Manage MBLM’s video library on fileservers and online platforms; upload, copy, and deliver files to the appropriate people and places and maintain orderly, organized work files.
- Work with team members in other disciplines to coordinate components of production.
- Effectively present video productions and their components (storyboards, concepts, voice-overs and music choices) to clients.
- Continually communicate with managers about updates and status.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communications, film, editing, television production, educational media, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- 2-4 years of related professional experience with some of the experience in corporate video production
- Experience in managing projects and timelines
Skills and Competencies
- A good team player with strong abilities to work with different team members in the studio and other disciplines
- Able to produce quality products under tight deadlines
- Able to work independently or with limited supervision
- Flexible and open to working with existing defined content and design, and open to proposing improvements
- Excellent editor skills with knowledge of video production techniques and various video post production processes
- Excellent editing and software skills and knowledge of the Adobe Editing Suite, including Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects, and iWork
- Creative, flexible, and tech savvy
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines with consistency while demonstrating strong attention to detail
MBLM is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our people are our most valuable asset. The collective sum of individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, creativity, innovation, self-expression, and talent fuels our company culture, achievements and reputation.
With offices in five countries, our multidisciplinary teams help clients build stronger bonds and deliver optimized marketing outcomes and returns for the long term. We build greater intimacy between people and brands that drive performance and returns. MBLM is shaping a new marketing paradigm for our increasingly interconnected world.