Creating an Innovative Experience Centre for all Audiences
A transformative brand experience
As a leading provider of innovative plastics solutions, Borouge was looking for engaging ways to showcase the ingenuity and benefits of its plastics to its customers from around the world and to aspiring UAE engineers at its advanced research and testing facility in Abu Dhabi. MBLM transformed Borouge’s state-of-the-art Innovation Centre into a comprehensive and engaging interactive experience.
Working in close collaboration with global senior management, researchers and engineers, we designed a visitor experience and a compelling narrative that transformed the science behind the production of plastics into a unique experience which was delivered across a compelling environment built around interactive and physical multimedia installations which were carefully deployed throughout 9,000 sq m of space, creating an engaging journey for visitors of varying levels of knowledge and experience.
Critical to MBLM’s solution was the development of multimedia content for installations that fostered engagement and relevance for students, experienced industry professionals, government officials and international stakeholders visiting the Borouge Innovation Centre. Through our methodology and processor integrating content, strategy, design, and technology, MBLM created captivating installations for the Innovation Centre, some of which include:
- Large-scale video walls displaying educational modules of the plastics lifecycle and the driving forces on why plastics are solving challenging world problems.
- A multimedia life-size car that highlights plastic components using an interactive kiosk which allows visitors to learn how different car manufacturers are using plastics to increase performance and durability, and reduce carbon footprint.
- Real life products showing a kitchen of the future, highlighting the importance of plastics in our daily lives. Using a smart touchscreen menu and videos, visitors learn of the importance of plastics in healthcare, food storage and distribution, childcare and other life-critical industries.
- Interactive touchscreen experiences that showcase the science behind the applications and manufacturing of plastic infrastructure products in critical city-building applications, and the, chemistry behind these plastics.
- An ibeacon technology-based, location-aware iPad experience that provides visitors with in-depth video, image and written content that MBLM developed, as soon as visitors physically approach a laboratory.
“With this completion of our Innovation Centre experience, the look and feel of the building now match the advanced, innovative research that takes place inside it,” said Michael Pell, Vice President of the Borouge Innovation Centre. “As an innovation center, we want to push the boundaries of what we already know and evolve the science within which we are working to create better, smarter materials. The experience created by MBLM captures this idea perfectly and has enhanced our state-of-the-art facility to be able to effectively connect with our audience.”
The completion of the project marks the transformation of the Borouge Innovation Centre from a technical facility into an immersive, interactive center. The experience designed and crafted by MBLM highlights Borouge as a beacon of innovation within the field of polymer production and reflects its position as a contributor to the national economy and to fulfilling the vision of developing a knowledge-based economy in the UAE.
Borouge continues to welcome visitors to the center, from influential global clients to local university groups, educating, informing, and converting, using the space as a means to build more intimate relationships across its stakeholders.
The experience designed by MBLM has earned the center several prestigious government awards for innovation, has inspired countless future students and engineers to pursue careers within the polymer industry, and continues to act as a beacon for Borouge’s technical excellence and advanced solutions in the field.